The available space in any house build project is ultimately important to the layout and design of the living areas. For the Chapel conversion project in Stokesby the design of the heating and hot water system was to become a primary factor in maximising living space both inside and outside the property.
Altherma from Daikin was chosen because it provided the best solution which met the needs of the project.
The property was turned into a stunning two bedroom house. The ground floor would contain the kitchen, dining, study and the two ensuite bedrooms, while the first floor would have a large living room and mezzanine area.
The Daikin Altherma heat pump system in conjunction with underfloor heating on both floors was recommended as the best solution for this project to ensure that the specification requirements were met.
• The underfloor heating system allowed more efficient use of space in the living areas in comparison to wall
mounted radiators being used
• The design of living areas could be optimised.
• Given that underfloor heating is the most energy efficient type of heat emitter, the combined solution
with Daikin Altherma will provide year round heating with an average CoP (measure of efficiency) of between 3-4.
• Daikin Altherma provides a total solution and there is no need for additional back up heating.
• The cost of installing Daikin Altherma and the underfloor system was comparable to carrying out an oil or LPG
equivalent for this project.
• The estimated cost for annual heating and hot water supply was £400, which is around 50% lower than costs for similar properties running on conventional systems
• The Daikin Altherma system provided extra Marketing value to the developers, as potential buyers would be
attracted by energy costs savings compared to oil or LPG (if they had been used)
• The installation of the Daikin Altherma renewable technology provided the property with added marketing value through the positive ‘environmental credentials.
“Not only have we built a house that is well designed and optimises all the available space incorporating many unique features associated with an old chapel.
We have built a house where the owners will gain the satisfaction of knowing that they have a sustainable, energy efficient heating system, giving them lifetime cost savings of many thousands of pounds.”
To find out more about how you can benefit from Daikin Altherma call us on 01954 202020 to discuss your requirements.